Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Throwback Thursday - "Old School" Challenge


Hi everyone! Emma's challenge this week at My Creative Time is to create a card without using a die-cutting machine. I had to dig through my closet for this paper piecing book from 2001 that I was absolutely CRAZY about when it first came out!
Since I got my first Cricut in 2006, I don't think I have even looked in it. It's crazy how far we have come! Cutting out a similar design with the Cricut then piecing it together would take a matter of minutes, whereas this image took me over 1/2 an hour.
I even brought out the eyelets for this one - I used to use them on everything and still have a whole case full, maybe it is time for a comeback!
I had a lot of fun with this challenge - thank you Emma!

11 comments:

  1. Very cute card! It turned out great, but what a job it was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paper pieces. Great book to have for this challenge for sure.

    Great card.

    TFS,
    Erin
    http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, you've done such an amazing job! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! Love the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, this card is SOOO CUTE!! You did an AWESOME job w/the challenge!
    Gypsy Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great and cute card!!!
    Karla Urea
    http://kalittlescrapcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is sooo cute! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Great entry for Emma's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute!!!! Good thing you held onto that book :)

    http://sassycraftymama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. Didn't you try to pawn this book off on me? Aren't you glad you kept it? LOL

    ReplyDelete