Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hello Kitty Crayon Box


Hi everyone! This week at Fantabulous Cricut they have a fantastic blog hop going on - you should check it out! Lots of fun and tons of fabulous prizes! For their challenge this week, we had to create a school-themed project which included buttons somewhere. I decided to make a crayon box for my daughter as a surprise - I think she will love it! For the box I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and Hello Kitty Greetings for the cheerleader Hello Kitty. I was complaining on the Circle messageboard the other day about how awful I am at using glitter and one of the nice ladies on there suggested that I try running my cuts through the xyron first for a nice even glittery effect. WOW!! I still got glitter everywhere in my work area, but only where I wanted it on my project. I LOVE this technique! Thank you for stopping by - hope you like my crayon box!

10 comments:

  1. What a great crayon box! I love that glitter - and am so glad you learned a trick to help. That's such a great cut for the front of the box too!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your daughter will absolutely love it, it is darling!! Cute project:) Thanks for playing along with the Fantabulous Cricut Crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie! Thanks for crawling with us~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute project! I love the glitter on the Hello Kitty image! Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute project! I love the glitter - and am so glad you learned a trick to help. That's such a great cut for the front of the box too!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Jennifer! Thanks for joining us on the Crawl! :)

    ReplyDelete