Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Tilda Brings a Flower Tag

Hi everyone! Hope you're enjoying your long weekend! Last night, after everyone went to bed, I got a chance to play in my craftroom! I was in the mood for colouring so I chose a Magnolia image and got to work. This time, I decided to try out watercolouring with Tim Holtz distress inks. Looking at the challenge this week at Just Magnolia, I also decided to make a tag with the stamp.
To start, I used a #8 manilla tag. I stamped the background with Mustard Seed distress ink using the Boho Blooms background stamp (now retired) by Stampin' Up!. Immediately after stamping, I covered the tag in Vanilla scented embossing powder, also by Stampin' Up!. After heating, I inked the entire tag with Dusty Concord distress ink, using the ink blending tool. I again, immediately covered the entire tag with vanilla embossing powder and reheated. This was a technique Tim Holtz used on one of his 12 Tags of Christmas 2011.
The oval was cut using the Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge. It was cut from ivory cardstock, then I inked it with Frayed Burlap, then inked just the edges with Walnut Stain.
The Magnolia image was painted using a water brush with distress inks. The colours I used are Tea Dye and Tattered Rose for the skin; Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo for the hair; Dusty Concord and Victorian Velvet for the dress; Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint for the flower; Frayed Burlap for the shoes; Victorian Velvet for the socks; and Pumice Stone for the flower's tag.attached to the tag using Stampin' Dimensionals by Stampin' Up!
I added a gem flourish to the tag along with some little Recollections flowers and yellow crochet lace. The seam binding was crinkled and coloured with Dusty Concord Distress Stain.
This was my first time using the scented embossing powder by Stampin' Up!. I really like it! It also comes in Melon and Cherry scent and is available in the current Occasions Mini catalogue.
Hope you like it!



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty tag wish i could color my stamps like you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag! I'm going to have to try that double embossing powder technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jen! This is such a sweet and elegant tag! Those colors are beautifully chosen and so is your image and coloring! Also, the embossed technique you used is so well done!
    Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Just Magnolia! Hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog...it is soooo appreciated! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete