Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Beginning of School Blog Hop - Day 2 - #102 Groovy Times

Hi everyone! Welcome to Day 2 of the Beginning of School Blog Hop! If you have arrived here from VinDeeLoo's This 'N That, then you are at the right place! However, if you have just happened to stop by my blog, then please head over to Creations With Kathryn, where you can start from the beginning of this fabulous blog hop!

For my first project today, I covered a portfolio that I picked up at Walmart in a pattern that I thought my daughter would like.




The cartridges /cuts I used for this project are:

Letters and Flower - All Mixed Up

Frame - Elegant Edges

The patterned paper is by Anna Griffith.

I added some Stickles and a brad to the flower.

The ruler sticker is my Making Memories.


For my next project, I created a card for my daughter to give to her on her first day of school.



The cartridges / cuts I used on this card are:

Shoes - Groovy Times

Frame - Elegant Edges
The paper used is from the same collection by Anna Griffith.

I used the same Stickles and ruler sticker for this card and added some bling with my I-Rock by Imiginisce.

The sentiment stamp is by My Creative Time.



For this blog hop, I am giving away a Cherry Blossom Gypsy Starter kit to one lucky winner who leaves a comment on this post! For a second chance, make sure you have also left a comment on yesterdays Beginning of School Blog Hop post!
Next up on the blog hop we have Peanut Butter and Jelly Designs so please head over there to see what Michelle has to show you! Hope you are enjoying the hop so far and have a great day!





14 comments:

  1. Love it! I think I need Groovy Times. I want the shoes.

    VinDeeLoo
    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for those not so great looking folders that we buy for our kids. I will be doing this with my little ones. The card is adorable and I love the shoes. TFS and for the great projects.

    Kathryn
    http://www.creationswithkathryn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just great projects! Awesome job!

    Lisa
    http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
    lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Not allowed t my daughter's school, but would be great for the foler i keep here at home for her. THKS for sharing.
    pattig161 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great project,cute card,I am a follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both of these projects very cute calebwmartin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these projects! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those projects are great! TFS!
    Jill
    http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an ossum dossum work !
    very nice and inspiring
    hopping along
    mallika

    mallikakejriwal@gmail.com
    now following you too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shoes!!!! Do you know I have sooo many cartridges that I can't possibly every use every single item on them... there are some really cute things I'm missing... Like these shoes I just think they are adorable!!!!

    I love what you've done with the notebook too. She's going to love the notebook and the card.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such nice comments, I appreciate it.
    Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd really like to make one of these - I love the tennis shoes!!!! www.azchirper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the idea of a card for the first day of school! My girls are starting college, so I better get busy!!!
    (My Gypsy would LOVE a new "outfit" hehehe)

    TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both projects are wonderful - what a lucky daughter you have. I'm sure she'll love both the card and the notebook. Fingers crossed, my Gypsy wants a new dress!
    Amyscats
    amylfahnestock at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for a project. I love the papers

    ReplyDelete