Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2011

#100 Cake Basics - 60th Birthday Cake!






Hi everyone! I thought I would share with you the cake my sister Leila and I made for my Mom on her 60th birthday last weekend. Leila made the cake and covered it with fondant (it was zucchini chocolate cake - the yummiest kind EVER).

I cut out the flowers (2") and numbers (3") from homemade marshmallow fondant on my Cricut Cake using the Cake Basics cartridge.


Leila got the inspiration for the design from a cake she saw on the internet we went from there. We are very proud of how it turned out!


Did you see have now featured 100 cartridges this year? As some of you may recall, my New Year's resolution was to make a post for each of my Cricut cartridges this year. It seems I am falling behind though because I am pretty sure I have surpassed the 200 mark and the year is well over half finished! I will not give up though - I plan to do a lot more creating in the next few months. Summer has just been crazy busy!


6 comments:

  1. you should be proud...I want to get into cakes but have to many other things i am into...it will have to wait...great great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful cake wasn't it. I will have to get some pictures from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow what a really great looking cake!!!!!
    ---Michelle
    mpetrovich23 at yahoo dot com
    http://peanutbutterandjellydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a yummy cake .. i wish i cud eat it right away
    hugs
    mallika

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing cake!! Your daughter must have loved this! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week:)werbeartikel weihnachten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look like for some one have his 60th ....P.........schoko adventskalender

    ReplyDelete