Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas - Day 1

Hi everyone! Today was the first day of Tim Holtz's 12 Days of Christmas. Each day on this blog, he will be creating a different tag complete with instructions and videos! This is the fifth year that he has done this, but it will be my first year also completing the tags. I'm so excited!


I started this first tag at around 10:00 this morning and with a few breaks in between, finished around 4:00 this afternoon. It was pretty time-consuming but so much fun! Loved trying out the new techniques! To check out Tim's tag and instructions click here


Here is my version:


They are quite similar, but I had to improvise a little to compensate for product that I do not own. For instance, I used a snowflake Cuttlebug folder for the background. I didn't have the Noel die or the festive greenery die, so I used my Cricut and Gypsy to create my own. I used Blackletter for the letters and Joys of the Season for all of the greenery other than the juniper from the Tattered Pinecone die.
This was my first time using the Tattered Pinecone die, and it was so fun to use!
Can't wait to see what Tim comes up with tomorrow (or tonight for the night owls)

2 comments:

  1. OH! Love this! Looking forward to the blog hop this Saturday!
    Marie
    http://Craftelicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOH, awesome It makes me want to take part too. those pinecones are awesome.

    ReplyDelete