Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2011

It's A Wrap Blog Hop - #95 Life's a Party




Hi everyone! Welcome to the It's a Wrap Blog Hop hosted by Cool Beans by L.B. Do you like to receive gifts? How about give them? Well this hop is all about the outside...the wrapping. Gift bags, boxes, baskets and more. There are 22 wonderful stops on this hop and we hope you will take some time to stop in and see everything we have created for you.



You should have arrived here from Crafts and More by Suzelle If you are just finding our hop in the middle you can go to the beginning at Cool Beans By L.B.



Today is my son's 4th birthday party so I have been super busy creating decorations and such for that. He chose a pirate theme this year...Aaarrrrggghhh! I have a couple of things to show you!



For my first project, I created treat bags for all the little party guests (and maybe some bigger guest too:-)).


I used paper lunch bags purchased from the Dollar Store then decorated them. The background paper was printed with my Imagine using the Buccaneer cartridge. The treasure chest was cut at 4" and "Arrrrg!" was cut at 1.75" from the Life's a Party cartridge.


For my second project, I altered this kraft gift bag (also from the Dollar Store).







The background paper was again printed from the Buccaneer cartridge. All Cricut cuts on this one were also from Life's a Party. The skull was cut at 3.5", Arrrg! was cut at 2" and "A Pirate's Life for Me" was cut at 4.5". I added some twine to the background prior to gluing it to the bag.



Well, that is all for now! Hope you have enjoyed my projects! Unfortunately, I am unable to provide blog candy this time but would still welcome and enjoy any comments! :-) Thanks for stopping by on this fun hop. Your next stop is Once Upon a Paper. Have fun!

41 comments:

  1. These bags are just perfect!!! No I wish I had a small boy to do a party for. TFS

    Kathryn
    http://www.creationswithkathryn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these bags!! I'm definately going shopping for that cartridge!!!

    Suzelle
    www.craftsandmorebysuzelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great great job. Happy Birthday to your little man. I love the bags. Nice way to celebrate. What little kiddo wouldn't love to get these treat bags. Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect treat bags and gift bag! Happy Birthday to your son!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun. I want to be a pirate now. Love the treat bags with the different paper backgrounds and the larger bag is just so great. Hope the party goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these bags Matey!!! They turned out really cute!!

    Glad to be in this hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute idea I will have to make my sons party bags next year thanks for sharin

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I bet you had a blast making them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great gifts! Love the pirate theme! :) ~Jen http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know just who would get these bags from me! Thank you for the cleaver ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow...who doesn't love a pirate theme ! Great job on the bags and Happy 4th birthday to your son. He is going to have a wonderful party thanks to your creativity!~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jennifer!!
    Love your Bag and the colors are great!! Just so you know,I still have not received your package..Do you have a Delivery confirmation# on it? Maybe it will come today!! Thanks for sharing and Being part of a very fun and Inspiring hop!!

    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
    Rexann♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bags Jen, I bet your son loved them.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on the bags!! $ years old is a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen, They are adorable! You certainly have ben a busy girl! Fabulous job!! Happy bithday to your son too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was on the fence about buying this Cart....My wallet is suddenly feeling lighter! very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic job! Those are so cute! I've been wanting this cart for awhile now... I think you're pushing me closer to the edge. Thank you for sharing! I love love love the treat bags. Those little treasure boxes are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super guest bags - the kids and adult will love them. Hope you party is a big success and filled with treasures...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute bags, love the pirate theme! Hope your son has a super fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE this bag. better to create your own than buy them!! :) So.. need this cartridge!!
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. These bags are so fabulous!! I bet the kids loved them!!
    Tracy
    jtg0398(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable Bags!!!!!!
    http://lindascraftcorner.blogspot.com
    iko dot linda at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great gift bags,joydee1963 at yahoo dot cm

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday to your son! I'm sure everyone loved the bags!

    michelegreen120 at gmail dot com
    www.michelegreen.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fun designs - I especially like the skull and crossbones bag.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great gift bags!!!!

    mreyes2710 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great bags. I really want to host a treasure hunt one day for my nieces and nephews. These bags would be perfect for the treasures. Thanks for sharing. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love it!! Our school mascot is a Pirate so these would be great little bags to give my daughters cheer squad!

    Jenn
    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com
    jenniferreavis@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  29. CUTE bags! Thanks for sharing! And happuy birthday to your son!!

    amyis300 AT hotmail DOT com
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the bag!!! adorable but garrr LOL
    luv2scrap44 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. hahaha, just doing LB's blog hop and I'm back here to say AWESOME... more ideas for my little Drew's b'day! Such cute bags, so much better than anything you can buy. Love it Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the bags and banner! I want this cart! Such great papers! It's been fun hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable pirate gift bags!. I am a new follower. I am having a giveaway, stop by to check it out. Melanie
    http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I bet some very happy pirates enjoyed taking these home from what, I am sure, was a great party!! Love the idea, so cool to think a simple lunch bag can become awesome!! TFS!

    http://momentsbyshadow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are Wonderful! :-)

    TFS! -Sam :-)

    SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete