Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

#96 Blackletter - More Pirate Party Decor

Hi everyone! Yesterday, my son had his 4th birthday party. He had such a great time! I thought I would show you the banner and birthday cake I made for his party.

The cake was so fun to decorate!


The letters were cut from fondant and the ship was cut from gum paste using the Cricut Cake machine. The ship was cut at 5.5" from Wrap it Up and the letters were cut at 2" from Blackletter. The skulls were made using molds and Wilton candy melts.






For the banner, I used the Imagine with the Buccaneer cartridge to create the 4.25" pennants (from Birthday Bash). The letters were cut at 3.39" from the Blackletter cartridge ( the PERFECT pirate font! :-)). I sized the letters on my Gypsy for the uppercase letters to fit perfectly. The four images between the words are from the Buccaneer cartridge. Each pennant was attached using twine.








Hope you like my projects!

8 comments:

  1. oh wow such wonderful decorations. I am sure your son had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super cute. you should enter this is the challenge at our blog decorate to celebrate the challenge is for kids birthdays this would be perfect. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so much fun. I bet you had a wodnerful time. Now i want cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, wow!!!!! Absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing!!! LOVE the way Blackletter looks. It is one of my forgotten carts but I'll have to pull it out when my own Drew turns 4 in Feb! He will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Hope he enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this concept. I visited your blog for the first time and just been your fan. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday!!
    A new trend has been emerged in oscar party decorations and that is lifesize cardboard cutouts of celebrities! These life size props help you grab the attention of every guest and cherish the memories of celebration for months to come. Once you used celebrity cutouts in your party décor, your invitees will try the same out when their turns come.

    ReplyDelete