Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

#129 Joys of the Season - Christmas Card Swap

Hi everyone! Some of the ladies on the Cricut Circle messageboard are having a Christmas card swap and this is the card I created for that. There are 17 ladies participating in this swap. Each participant makes 17 cards, sends them to the hostess, then we all receive 17 different cards back. Can't wait to see what everyone has created!


The ornament on my card is cut at 4" and is from the Joys of the Season cartridge.

I used double-sided tape around the edges of the card base, making sure all edges were covered, then sprinkled the adhesive with Glitter Ritz.


The red cardstock (SU!, Real Red) was cut at 4"X5.25". I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Season's Greetings embossing folder. To accentuate the raised image, I ran a white pigment ink pad (CTMH) over top.


I coloured the stamp (Stampin' Up!) with Stampin' Up! markers (real red, cherry cobbler, always artichoke) then stamped it on the ornament. I ran the ornament through my Xyron so the adhesive would be on the front of the card, attached the gold ornament topper, then sprinkled it with transparent Glitter Ritz.


I then attached a bow made from Real Red taffeta ribbon to the top of the ornament.

On the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!) with Chocolate Chip ink (SU!) and used my markers (Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip) to colour the pinecone stamp, then stamped it in the corner.


Hope you like my card!

1 comment: