Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

#122 Winter Woodland - Christmas Card

Hi everyone! For the third Blog-iversary challenge at the Cricut Circle Blog, the task was to create something with the Cuttlebug as a main focus.


I decided to use the Season's Greetings embossing folder for the background of a Christmas card.



I started by using the Season's Greetings folder on a 4" X 5.25"sheet of red paper. I then gently rubbed a white pigment ink pad over the top to bring out the embossed image.


I cut out a 1.25" snowflake from Winter Lace, used the Xyron to add glitter and attached it to the paper with a foam square.


The tag was cut at 1.5" from white cardstock using the Art Philosophy cartridge. I used the Swiss Dots folder then gently inked the dots with red ink. I put a red eyelet in the top of the tag, then attached it to the card front with gold ribbon.


The poinsettia is cut at 1" from Winter Woodland.


I ran the white card base through my Xyron machine, attached the card front in the center, then glittered the edges with ultra-fine glitter.


Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Love the way you added the white to the red on this card. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love the white ink you used to highlight the embossing.

    ReplyDelete