Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

#116 Cricut Classic Font - My Girl

Hi everyone! This week I am taking part in an online Canadian Cricut Circle Swarm, during which there were four challenges posted on the Circle Messageboard to take part in.


The first challenge is this:


In memory of summer, RIP
Create a scrapbook layout with all 3 criteria:
1. flowers, butterflies or bugs, at least one cricut cut
2. stitching (your choice how: hand, machine, rubons, stamped or doodled)
3. a favorite quote


For my layout, I chose a sketch from my new favorite read, Page Maps 2 and came up with this:


I used the Cricut Classic Font cartridge for the little flower borders, the big pink flower and for the title.


While trying to think of a favorite quote, my mind was pretty much drawing a blank. All I could think of was "Born to Crop Not Mop", which is on a vinyl project that my sister made for my craft room. Since that didn't go well with the picture, I turned to my overstocked stash of vellum quote booklets that I've had for years. You know the ones? DCWV? You can't read the quote very clearly but it says, "Precious jewel, you glow, you shine, reflecting all the good things in the world." - Maya Angelou


For my stitching, I dipped a piece of black embroidery floss into some black Glimmer Glam by Tattered Angels, but it didn't quite make the sparkly effect I was hoping for, just made the floss stiff. I added some stitching on a couple of the airplanes' flight paths, and also on the pink flower.


The patterned paper I used is by American crafts.


Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen, I like your layout. I also wanted to mention I totally agree with your profile in that it is so much easier to shop for scrapbooking supplies than finding the time to do it!! (with three kids also). I just discovered your blog through Farmers wife quilt and look forward to following it (from Australia) in the future. Susie

    ReplyDelete