Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

#37 Don Juan - Be My Valentine Banner



Hi everyone! Here is my Valentine's Day banner have been working on the last couple days! I LOVE how it turned out!

I picked up the Teresa Collins "Timeless" line to create it with - such beautiful papers. I just love her stuff!

I created this banner for the monthly challenge at the Cricut Circle blog where the task was to create a banner with any theme using at least 3 Cricut cuts.

The cartridges/cuts I used are:
Sugar & Spice - Banner pieces cut at 5 1/4" from Black cardstock
Home Decor - Hearts cut at 3 1/4" from Light Pink cardstock
Don Juan - "Be My Valentine" cut at 2" in patterned paper (both regular and shadow font)
For the strip of paper along the top, I used my Gypsy to drag the banner image to the bottom of the mat until only the top part was showing, then pressed cut.
I added a row of stitching between the pink pattern strip layer and the black cardstock.
For the accordian fold circles, I cut patterned paper to 1 3/4 X 10 1/4", then trimmed along one long edge with decorative scissors. The paper strip was scored at every 1/4" and folded back and forth like and accordian, attached at the ends and brought down into a flat circle. If you've never seen or made them before, and would like more detailed instructions, check out youtube, just type in "accordian flower".
The hearts were sprayed with Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist and attached to the accordian circles.
The letters were then glued to the hearts.
The pieces are all strung together with satin ribbon.

Patterned Paper - Teresa Collins
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Flowers - Teresa Collins

Can't wait to make another banner! This one was a lot of fun!
Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute banner. I love Teresa Collins paper as well.

    Shawnee
    http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your banner, Jen! I especially liked the stitching you did and the accordion flowers. I've never seen the TC patterned paper before and will definitely be on the lookout for it. TFS and good luck!

    ;)Melody

    ReplyDelete