Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Altered Marker Tube

Hi everyone! Here is a project I created for the Throwback Thursday Challenge at My Creative Time.  The challenge was to create an altered item using an older Cricut cartridge.

I have this marker tube, that came with my Tim Holtz Distress marker set.  I put the pens in another container so I started throwing odds and ends into this empty container.

This is what I came up with:

I used the Sentimentals cartridge and cut the hand and layers at 3.5". The background shape was cut at 5", and the swirl was cut at 2.5". "Odds & Ends" was cut at 0.5" using the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge. Hvae you ever cut a font that small? Before I got my Cricut Mini, this was impossible for me with my other Cricut machines. I continue to me impressed by how well this little machine performs! All of the paper layers were attached with Glue n' Seal. I also put a layer over top of everything to seal it.
Products used: Patterned Paper - Tim Holtz (crowded attic)
Cardstock - Core-Dinations (Tim Holtz), Bazzill
Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz
Paper Flowers - I Am Roses
Sprays - Lindy's Stamp Gang
Ribbon - Stampin' Up!
Lace - Unknown
Liquid Pearls
Marker - Staedtler Lumocolor

Hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. What an AWESOME IDEA!!!! I might have to "scraplift" this!!! VERY CLEVER my sweet friend! Thanks for playing along!
    Hugs,
    Emma;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible transformation from a plain old maker tube to a real work of art! Love it.

    ReplyDelete